Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Expired Tesco Clubcard vouchers

Question Expired Tesco Clubcard vouchers

Does anyone know what happens if you have Tesco clubcard vouchers that have expired? Is there anything I can do or have I effectively wasted them?

Hope not 'cos they were worth 20.50. Doh!!

Thumbs up Tesco will re-credit your expired vouchers

UPDATED INFO - 3 FEB 2009

It seems that Tesco has decided to cease re-crediting most customers for expired Tesco Clubcard vouchers, whilst retaining the option of making "exceptions".

Until part way through last year, Tesco seemed to be willing to renew all expired vouchers, as long as they hadn't expired too long ago. However, the situation now seems to be less clear, with the majority of people facing loss of their expired vouchers.

> Read the full, updated news article here.

> Visit Tesco's website.
    Last edited by Captain Consumer; 03-02-09 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Updated info

Default How cool is that

I've just emailed my sister to let her know this - we were only talking about this the other day and she said she may as well throw them away. I told her to check first and searched the internet and came up with the answer on here. Thanks and well done to tesco too!!!

I did exactly what you said - a good while back now.

Just got my latest set of clubcard vouchers through the post and....BINGO!!!!

I've got loads to spend!!!!!

Excellent tip, thanks!

Talking Cool

Hi all

I was the original poster and have just sent off 70 worth of expired clubcard vouchers - some more went out of date since my original post. Doh! That's worth 280!! I'm absolutely chuffed to find out that these can be credited back to my account and I'm going to put the money towards my holiday. You can now use the vouchers at Virgin Holidays which is fab.

Well done Captain Consumer - I'm gonna tell my friends about this site as it's got lots of useful stuff on it. Come on guys - tell your mates. The more members, the more good tips people will be able to share. I've been on other forums similar to this and they are a fantastic source of information. Keep up the good work CC. I'd cut you in but you're not real r u????

Default Expired Tesco Vouchers

Thanks to all, I too have had my expired vouchers credited back onto my account. Just make sure when you ring them that it's the points vouchers that need re-assigning NOT any expired money off vouchers, these alas get junked after expiry date. So for once "every little bit helps" has done so, but their fuel policy (petrol/diesel) just stinks, all I get when I protest is that the price at my local store depends on distance from the refinery. Well a Shell garage just over 5 miles away is up to 3p a litre cheaper! I have joined www.petrolprices.com big savings can arise, highly recommended.

Default Lost Club Card Points

Hi,

I am new, so don't know the ropes and therefore will get told off or worst still, not have this published at all.

Anyway, here goes....

I wonder if I am the only Tesco Clubcard Member who has not had a statement in FIVE YEARS?

Who did finally get someone senceable, BUT ended up being told in no uncertain manner that their figuar were correct and therefore I MUST accept their figuar's, Because they are correct!!! The Computer says 'YES'

And the bottom line, there is nothing I can do, the Clubcard points they suggest are correct, are only correct because they say they are.

No wonder they make 2bn profits a year, divide that by their CUSTOMER'S
    LOST Clubcard Points!!!

Hi,
    Does anyone know if Tescos are still recrediting expired vouchers? I wrote to them enclosing my expired vouchers and asking for them to be recredited. I have just received a reply from them saying that they are unable to replace my expired vouchers. I'm a bit disappointed since they were for around 130 and worth a lot more if used for their deals.
    Is there anything else I can do?

Default Bad news

Hi klw

Unfortunately, it seems that you may be among the first to suffer from an adverse change in Tesco's policy.

Please read my post higher up in this thread and the related news article, both of which have been updated in Feb 09.

There seems to be something of an inconsistent approach being applied at present. I'd welcome feedback from other visitors, especially any who have succeeded in getting expired Tesco Clubcard vouchers reinstated recently.
    Last edited by Captain Consumer; 03-02-09 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Updated to reflect feedback from Tesco

Default Some luck with expired clubcard vouchers

I tried to get my old expired vouchers renewed by phone this morning. The ones that expired this year (2009) were still on the system, so they renewed those, but I also had about 60 quid's worth that expired last year and they couldn't do anything with those.

Worth knowing that clubcard vouchers are worth double in store on wine & some other things at the moment, so if you're not planning to go to Alton Towers or wherever, it's worth using them to stock up.

Thread Information